Today we are bringing you the latest Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2 Review, taking an in-depth look at the Instax SHARE-SP2 printer to help you decide whether it is the right printer for you.
What is a Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2 Useful For?
If you have decided that a Fuji Instax Mini camera is not right for you, and/or you would like to have an option that enables you to transform any photo from your social media, smartphone or tablet into an Instax photo then the Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2 could be just right for you.
In case you are not familiar with the Instax SHARE-SP2 printer here is an overview of what it has to offer. The Instax printer:
- Allows you to create instax prints of your favourite photos from your smartphone or tablet.
- It does this by using the “Instax SHARE” App which is available for iOS and Android phones.
- The photos are transferred from your phone to the Instax Printer SP-2 via Wi-Fi connection and within 10 seconds of printing you will have an instax photo.
It is worth noting that the SHARE app allows you to use a template and apply filters before you print and it is very easy to do this. You can also add text, adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation of the photo too.
There are a range of templates for adding text or emoji below the prints or including a holiday theme.
Once you are satisfied with how the photo looks you have the option to add a location using the info from your smartphone.
At around $175 this is not a cheap printer and we encourage you to read our full Fuji Instax Printer SP-2 Review before deciding if this is the right product for you (only another 1 minute reading time).
Pros & Cons
- The Fujifilm Instax printer SP-2 is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by amazon users
- You can create instax prints of your most precious memories from your smartphone
- An instax print photo with custom note can make a really nice present for somebody special
- Having the option to edit photos on your smartphone before printing ensures no wasted prints
- The price tag is a little expensive
Features of the Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2
If you are familiar with the original SP-1 printer, then it is worth highlighting that the SP-2 has a newer, more moder look than it’s predecessor making it a very stylish accessory for your smartphone.
The SP-2 is somewhat different from a normal printer in that it does not require ink cartridges or something similar. Instead, all it requires is the same Fuji 10-print film packs that is used in the Instax mini cameras. All you have to do is simply pop open the printer, drop in the film pack and close it.
The prints are the same size as those produced by the Instax Mini cameras which is 86 by 54 mm, with the image being 62 by 46 mm.
The printer comes with a rechargeable battery which is good for up to 100 prints on a single charge. As no paper or ink is required the SP-2 is a perfect travel companion.
Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2 Review Summary
The Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2 is a fun, travel-friendly accessory to have for those who really love mobile photography.
The sleek design of the SP-2 makes it very visually appealing, if you can stomach the price tag then this is a great buy. Given the price tag it is worth considering purchasing the Amazon 2-Year Accident Protection (under $20 dollars at time of writing) or Amazon 3-Year Accident Protection to give you peace of mind when using your new Fujifilm Instax Printer SP-2.