Fuji Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera Review
|Product Name:||Instax Mini 9|
|Exposure:||Manual (5 settings)|
|Batteries:||2 x AA|
|Size:||116mm x 118.3mm x 68.2mm|
|Picture Size:||62 x 46mm|
The Instax Mini 9 is more colourful and selfie friendly than the Instax Mini 8..
Launched in March 2017, the easiest way to describe the Instax Mini 9 is an enhanced version of the ever popular Instax Mini 8 which is, arguably, the best-selling instant camera of all time.
While the look and feel of the Instax Mini 9 are comparable to it’s predecessor there are a few noteworthy upgrades:
- The addition of a selfie mirror allows you to check the framing of your shot before taking the picture
- The Instax Mini 9 comes is available in 5 unique and stylish colours (more on this later), namely cobalt blue, ice blue, flamingo pink, lime green and smoky white
- It comes with a close-up lens attachment which makes shooting up to 35 cm away possible
Being honest, the enhancements to the Instax Mini 9 are probably not enough to justify upgrading from the Instax Mini 8 however if you are 1) a die-hard Instax fan or 2) new to the market and looking to buy a fantastic instant camera then read on and find out more of the strengths and weaknesses of the Mini 9 and then you can decide if this is the right camera for you.
To find out more about the Mini 9 please take a look at this video review:
PROS & CONS OF THE INSTAX MINI 9
- Simple and easy to use, making it perfect for weddings and other special occasions
- Suitable for children and can be a great introduction for photography
- Available in a unique and stylish range of colours
- Great value for money (retailing under $70 at the time of writing)
- Has a 4.6 star Amazon rating based on customer reviews!
- Minor enhancements over the Instax Mini 8 (somewhat understandable given the huge success of the Mini 8)
- As with all instant cameras the cost of film can be expensive
- Not ideal for taking photos some distance away
INSTAX MINI 9 KEY FEATURES
KEY FEATURE 1: AUTOMATIC SETTING SELECTION
The Instax Mini 9 is a very easy to use camera and after a short while of using the camera you will be able to take good pictures. One key feature of the Instax Mini 9 key is an automatic setting selection which informs you of the best setting for the current light conditions – all you have to do is simply turn the dial to the illuminated setting
There are four different exposure levels:
- Indoors, Night (F12.7)
- Cloudy, Shade (F16)
- Sunny, Slightly cloudy (F22)
- Sunny and bright (F32)
KEY FEATURE 2: HI-KEY MODE
Selecting the fifth option on the dial, known as “hi-key” mode, will allow you to take photos with a softer impression.
INSTAX MINI 9 DESIGN
As we mentioned earlier in this article, the Instax Mini 9 has a matte plastic finish and comes in five unique colours (which we love!) as you can see below:
The Instax Mini 9 weighs in at 307g making it light and compact enough to carry around in a small bag or rucksack.
The Instax Mini 9 is essentially an upgraded version of the Instax Mini 8 making it a great buy for anyone seeking a new instant camera. If you already own a Mini 8 then the upgrades offered by the Instax Mini 9 probably don’t justify the need to purchase the Mini 9 – unless of course you are a selfie addict haha.
In summary the Instax Mini 9 is a fun, easy to use camera that is very competitively priced all of which reflects in the 4.6 star rating it received based on customer reviews. I hope you have found this review helpful and would love to hear your thoughts so please comment below.View on Amazon